Song of the Moment

Song of the Moment: "Shake it Out" by Florence + The Machine

Monday, February 28, 2011

Update on Abby's Book

I just wanted to give everyone an update on the progress of my children's book I'm writing for my niece, Abby's, birthday.  If you remember from my previous post, her birthday is February 26th...I'm a little late, obviously.  But, writing a children's book is harder than I thought it was going to be, so it's taking a little longer than expected.  Plus, coordinating with my sister, who is doing the illustrating has been challenging.  She has a full time job with 2 kids so her free time has been spent drawing, painting and arranging the pictures.  I appreciate her hard work so much!  In updating you I also wanted to share some of the wonderful illustrations that will be going in the book.  I realize not all of you will be able to see the finished project, so I thought you'd appreciate a little taste.

The picture above is of our main character, Abigail.  Isn't she cute! The picture to the right is of the entrance to the castle.  I love the affect she did for the stone wall.  It's a paint splatter over watercolor.  Very cool, plus the guards are awesome!

Oh, and I forgot to tell you the best part!  The book will be printed like a real book, hard cover and everything!  Kinkos is affiliated with a pay to print company that has created a program that lets you put your book together and then submit it to them and they print it to your design specifications.  Copyright and everything. It is the most awesome program.  I may use it to print my first book.

All that is left to do is enter in the last few illustrations and then I can send it off to the printer.  Hopefully by the end of the week I will be able to announce that the book is done and 7-10 days later it will be in my hot little hand.  You have no idea how excited I am to see my name printed on a book....

No comments:

Post a Comment